Pathfinder Specialist Award
Welcome to the Pathfinder Specialist Award (PSA), the highest level of Pathfinder leadership training. The PSA has been introduced as a specialist-level training package for all Pathfinder leaders and staff members throughout the South Pacific Division as from April 1, 2010.
The PSA enables all training participants to develop a specialist understanding of the philosophy and practice of Pathfindering by focusing on one or more of the different leadership areas. It provides comprehensive and quality training in various aspects of club structure and function, spiritual formation, programming, indoor and outdoor activity coordination, Occupational Health and Safety as well as involvement in Conference/Mission events.
The specialty areas offered include:
- Specialty 1 – Outdoor Leadership
- Specialty 2 – Administration & Human Relations
- Specialty 3 – Camping
- Specialty 4 – Church & Community
- Specialty 5 – Creativity
- Specialty 6 – Drill & Marching
- Specialty 7 – Recreation
The PSA is a combination of four “outdoor” units from the former Pathfinder Basic training program which were not included in the current Pathfinder Leadership Award (PLA) as well as material from the former PLA training program. The PSA also includes various advanced specialty streams that were originally offered in the former Advanced Pathfinder Leadership Award (APLA) which has ceased to exist as of January 1, 2010. As such, the PSA is a training package that will specifically equip leaders to become specialists in one or more of seven specific areas of Pathfinder ministry including: Outdoor Leadership, Administration and Human Relations, Camping, Church and Community, Creativity, Drill and Marching and Recreation.
Click on each of the titles below to download these PSA resources.
- Bible Readers Checklist
- The Encounter Plan
- Pathfinder History & Philosophy – PTHADM001
- Pathfinder Developmental Theories – PTHOPS003
- Pathfinder Creativity Skills – PTHOPS005
- Pathfinder Community Service – PTHOPS006
SPECIALTY 1 – OUTDOOR LEADERSHIP
Please contact your local Youth Department for these resources applicable to your country.
- Plan for Minimal Environmental Impact
- Bush Navigation in Difficult and Trackless Areas
- Guiding Bushwalks & Outdoor Recreation Sessions
- Operate Communications Systems and Equipment